Sunday, 27 November 2011

PIT STOP: Hix at Selfridges

Today I'm starting a new feature..the best places to shop and stop for fuel and shop some more. Food is my second passion after the F word, so I shall be a greedy so and so and combine the two. LOVE.


Mark Hix, the ex head chef at Ivy and J Sheekey, is slowly and quietly taking over the London restaurant scene, now with six eponymous restaurants and a hip new bar whose cocktails are the talk of the town. 

After a trudge through Oxford Street you will be deserving of a break even before you hit the rest of Selfridges. Go up the spiral staircase next to Lanvin and a wonderfully airy haven awaits your sore feet. Overlooking the plethora of handbags and accessories, Hix and Selfridges is the most perfect place either to grab a quiet glass of bubbly at the caviar bar whilst pondering the age-old question of Gucci or Prada, or enjoy a full three course meal. The food is British themed and simply delicious. My personal favourite is the steak tartare.

When I was last there, Mr Mark Hix himself was dining at a table across from me. He caught me lookin'.  Maybe I should have asked for free oysters in return for a blog post..

And all this just inches away from the biggest shoe department in the world..*SIGH*

400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB
T: 020 7499 5400

2 comments:

  1. I like so much this blog.
    Funny and new thigs i find when come here.

    http:/paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete